Tuesday 2 August 2011

Blueberry Cake and Cream Cheese Frosting

Firstly, I should let you know ... I can't find a way to get this photo of egg and cake mix  to move or have any text before it. The Gods of formatting say no.

Secondly, I blame this cake entirely for today's feeling over-bloated-ness, sugar coma shakes and general feelings of listlessness.


I also blame it for breaking my mixer - alas the cream cheese frosting proved too much for my little Kenwood model and after a bang! and a flash! The little motor whirred and whirred but the beaters beat no more. :(


This photo - I love. I also loved the cake without the American-style frosting which, I felt, totally overwhelmed it's mellow fruitiness. The frosting-less trimmings were a great deal more enjoyable with a brew.


As I don't have a bundt-ring I popped the mixture into a loaf tin (lowering the temperature and baking for about a hour) and my mini round cake pan and four baby loaf tins. I iced the mini-round and delivered it to my poor parents, who in their 60s and with diabetes really can't handle this sort of thing. My Mum has had a sugar free blueberry cake on her pin board for a while now and she looked forlornly at the cake asking if it was perhaps the same one? 


Hm. No. 


Word of warning. Shooting Cake photos in the back garden at 6 am before you drive off to Cornwall is probably not a good idea. Pre-coffee, not only did I manage to get a huge wodge of icing on my lens cap but I also managed to dig out a gash in the cake. Hence the closeups.

Love Mizi Moo xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment